Okay I am 1 week late with my resolutions — “what is new you are always late 🙂-” my husbands fav quote
Anyway, I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting year 2012… I have exciting plans for my life with God, family, travel and friends. We celebrated the first day of the year watching the Broncos (loss) game and eating good food at a friend’s house… Just so much fun and laughter!
So far exciting news my brother Poly and my sister in-law had a new baby girl on January 2nd 2012 (now do you see what I mean by an exciting year?) — I am a brand new Aunt! Then my very good friend got engaged in London, so an August wedding! We started the book of revelations last week… we are traveling to see family ~ many exciting things already right?
So, I never do resolutions – do you remember this post, broken resolutions? We just do goals and then at the end of the year just check what goals we met and carry over the unmet goals… I must admit “I” carry over lots of things each year… Plans just change by the minute in this life of mine!! the one goal i keep carrying over and consciously trying to achieve is to only spend the time “free time” allotted to me in a positive way and to regard disruptions or anger or needy-ness from my surrounding as part of God’s design on my day…. remembering this verse ~ Philippians 2:14
Hope everyone had a great 2011 with awesome moments despite the up & downs we all go thru’ in life. I wish you a Happy New Year to you and many more of God’s blessings in 2012.
Tthis is my favorite song and I trying to live by its words taunet nelel by Emmy Kosgei ( i’ts a new dawn).
True words to live by “It’s a new dawn-It’s a new direction- no turning back! I am doing new things; don’t let the past discourage you…”
Any resolutions for your friends… Please share.
2010 was our greatest year! We had so much fun trying out new things and travelling to new places. Ever loving friends and family affection– I am so thankful! … 2011 just as it sounds, feels like a good year already. It is day eight and I have already read a great romance novel (Looks Like Love – By my friend good Brandy Bruce) – This is definitely a good sign for this year. I never do resolutions; I just love taking life easy! – … anyway life is never boring in this house. There is always somebody needing a diaper changed, drawing on the walls with crayons! So who needs more tasks? So here is a quick recap of the FUN 2010 ~ I really look forward to another awesome year!
Confessions & Bad Mommy moments ~ 2010
- Did I occasionally exaggerate how hard my day was? Oh, some days avoiding new tasks..
- Did I secretly skip pages when reading books to my child? Mmm… maybe
- Did I make a loud, annoying toy disappear? YES… we don’t need any more drama!
- Have I pretended my baby was crying to get off the phone? I thank God for my crying babies they save me at those moments!
- Did I ever forgotten to buckle my child into his car seat? Well one day driving … I just heard, someone whisper by my ears hi mommy!
- Did I ever yell at my children? Oh Never! Who does this…? (wondering aloud…)
A few awesome moments ~ 2010
- Quick ‘ Illegal’ naps
- When cashiers opened up a new check-out lanes at the store just in time before chaos erupted for me and a cranky kid
- When people flash their high beams to warn about the cops – when I was actually speeding:)-
- when I see my kids laughing/smiling in their sleep
- when on hold with the worst customer service but the hold music is actually great!
- Smell of Gasoline – Yes! (Weird…) – way better than taking off the bra after a long day
- Gobbling a whole box of English chocolates on New Year’s Eve – Thanks Dawn!
Question of the Year 2010
- How many servings of carbohydrates to you give your kids each day? – Really? do we really have to count those too?
Hope everyone had a great 2010 with awesome moments despite the up & downs we all go thru’ in life. I wish you a Happy New Year to you and many more of God’s blessings in 2011.
Any Awesome moments, off guard questions or confession you got?
See you in 2011!
I am always amazed that the year is gone. When I hear New Year I think resolution time! So I tossed this resolutions thing out of the window so many years ago and I don’t regret it a bit. Less stress, less to do, and more room wiggle. Especially with my two sweet, adorable but busy kids, I can’t seem to stick to simple things anymore. Like making them eat their fruits and vegetables! Oh and when the unpredictable crappy weather sucks my motivation? You know I’m all for simple realistic goals and progress. Furthermore January’s just not a “real” enough reason for me to start doing stuff different. Also I hate dragging my unfinished business to the New Year… but I found an article by Michael Hyatt (michaelhyatt.com) on strategies you may need to employ to making your resolution stick for those of you who are organized, motivated enough to make resolution.
1. Keep them few in number
2. Make them “smart.” (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound)
3. Write them down.
4. Go public
So one of my goals (for the 4th year) is to only spend the time “free time” allotted to me in a positive way and to regard disruptions or anger or needy people seeking attention as part of God’s design on my day. I can’t say I’ve accomplished it yet in the past years, but I’m consciously trying. This is the only life I have, and I want to live it fully and with passion, building into the relationships I have and pouring myself into the work I have to do….. And that’s the beauty of it all is that God’s Grace covers me when I slip-up.
So go public, share your resolution…