I tell my husband that the kids are gifts to me and that is enough for me but still they get me cards and flowers + an afternoon of picnic and ice-cream! Just cuddle, giggles, kisses, hugs and reading a book to them sounds enough to me –I love them and I am thankful for them making me a mother! Many challenges but so many more rewards….The greatest gift I hope to give them as a Mom is to raise them with a passion for God’s Word and to tell them of God’s Love and His plans for their future.
I love all my friends & family too – they make this day special with great cards and messages… my only wish is that my mum was alive so that I celebrate, hug, laugh with her and tell her how much I appreciated her ~thank you for showing me how to be a mother. I remember you momma in such a special way.
Quotes from other moms…
- I remember when I was a kid I asked my mom “When is it Kid’s Day?” She said “Honey, EVERY day is Kid’s Day.” LOL. So here’s to us…overworked, sometimes under-appreciated, sleep deprived, exhausted Moms! -Joy B.
- Even though you may feel unappreciated, exhausted and busy as heck, take the day to sit back and look at the miracles you made. -Tammy B.
- Mother’s Day is just another excuse for me to make myself brownies for breakfast. -Renee C.
- Both my kids got sick with the flu the day before Mother’s Day so my hubby and I spent the day taking care of our girls. I’m pretty sure that is what being a mommy is all about though. -Julia P.
- Mother’s Day is what you make of it. Give your kid a huge hug and sit and cuddle while reading a book, or watch some TV. It’s the love, not the sleeping in. -Michelle M.
- I’ve learned over the years to not expect too much out of commercial holidays; treat each day as Mom’s Day by glomming onto the unexpected compliments, smiles from your children and moments of gratefulness. The gifts, flowers, etc. that are pushed on families for Mothers’ Day are overrated. Wait until your child brings you his/her own specially picked dandelion or such and your heart will soar. -Sharron M.
- You will always be your child’s favorite toy. -Vicki L.
- As long as you never give her a pony. -Katherine C.
- If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says ‘keep away from children.’ -Susan S.
- This is my 22nd Mother’s Day…I can honestly say they seem to be like birthdays, some good and some are the worst. No matter what, take the day to pat yourself on the back and know you are the best mom. -Chris C.
We hope your Mom’s Day is perfect… Happy, Happy mothers day to all the mothers out there!